There's always time for dessert! Gloria Jabaut shared this elegant quick-to-fix treat from Red Bluff, California.
- 2 refrigerated vanilla pudding snack cups (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Spoon pudding into two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, coconut and butter; sprinkle over pudding. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Creme Brulee in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p9
Reviews for Coconut Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"My husband loves this! It couldn't be easier, and it's very tasty."