There's always time for dessert! Gloria Jabaut shared this elegant quick-to-fix treat from Red Bluff, California.
- 2 refrigerated vanilla pudding snack cups (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Spoon pudding into two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, coconut and butter; sprinkle over pudding. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Creme Brulee in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p9
Reviews for Coconut Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"My husband loves this! It couldn't be easier, and it's very tasty."