"I found this recipe as a kid in one of my mother's cookbooks. I didn't make it until I was older and now it is requested every Christmas. Sometimes I tint the coconut red and green for the holiday." – Angela Renae Fox, Gober, Texas
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaked coconut
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the coconut milk, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place pan on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in cake with a skewer, about 1/2 in. apart. Combine syrup ingredients; slowly pour over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Let stand for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Cream Yummy Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p99
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Yummy Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review