- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaked coconut
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the coconut milk, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place pan on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in cake with a skewer, about 1/2 in. apart. Combine syrup ingredients; slowly pour over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Let stand for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Yummy Cake
""Coconut Milk" is available in like four different places in the grocery store, plus of course, inside the coconut. Are we talking about the one inside the coconut , in the asian food section, refrigerated section, the paper box like chicken stock, in the alcoholic beverage mixes... which one, specifically"?"
"Amazing! Made it so many times since :)"
"Absolutely amazing! Even better than it looks!!"
"This is SO yummy....my husband loved it. I cheated by using a white cake mix using coconut milk as the liquid. Its great."
"HAD THIS FOR EASTER & GOT RAVES"