Coconut Cream Yummy Cake Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaked coconut
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the coconut milk, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- 3. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place pan on a wire rack.
- 5. Poke holes in cake with a skewer, about 1/2 in. apart. Combine syrup ingredients; slowly pour over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Let stand for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 6. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece (calculated without coconut) equals 491 calories, 29 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.