Coconut Cream Torte Recipe
"This three-layer cake is rich and yummy," says Carol Barton from Bowling Green, Kentucky. Sour cream is the secret ingredient in the creamy frosting that's chock-full of coconut and pecans. "If you fix this dessert a day ahead, it tastes even better," she adds. "Just cover and refrigerate it."
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, coconut, pecans and sugar.
- 4. Place one cake on a serving platter; spread with a third of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC