- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches each)
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in pudding and mix well. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut and whipped topping. Spoon into the crusts. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over pies. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Pie
"Great recipe and very easy. I used a pre-baked pie shell and I whipped cream and added powdered sugar, instead of using cool whip."
"This pie is amazing! It's so easy too. I will make this again & again!"
"This was the best Coconut Cream pie that I ever tasted. I was skeptical at first because it did not have a meringue, but it did not need it. I used half-n-half instead of milk, my own crust & coconut cream pudding. Awesome!"
"This recipe is so yummy. My husband says he could eat it every day and he does not like coconut as much as I do. I made these pies for a birthday party and they were a big hit."