- For meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a small bowl, on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is
- dissolved. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 366 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.