Coconut Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 367 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.