Coconut Cream Dessert
Butter-flavored crackers make the crunchy crust for this frozen take on coconut cream pie. "A mixer works great to easily combine the ice cream, milk and pudding mix," suggests Carol Beamer of Glenville, West Virginia. Try sprinkling chopped nuts or cracker crumbs on top instead of the coconut.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 68 crackers)
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes
- and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with
- whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover
- and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 367 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.