Butter-flavored crackers make the crunchy crust for this frozen take on coconut cream pie. "A mixer works great to easily combine the ice cream, milk and pudding mix," suggests Carol Beamer of Glenville, West Virginia. Try sprinkling chopped nuts or cracker crumbs on top instead of the coconut.
- 2-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p64
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review