- 2-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Dessert
"Excellent!!!! I love coconut so next time I will add a little more coconut to it."
"This is like a cross between coconut ice cream and coconut pie! My husband requested pie for Father's Day, but we were so busy that weekend I would have had to make the pie several days in advance which would not have tasted very good. This tasted like frozen coconut pie and could make it in advance! Everyone loved it!"
"I have been searching for this recipe for ages. My old neighbor used to make this and I lost the recipe. The only difference was she used Jello Coconut flavor instant pudding instead of the vanilla and the coconut extract. Good to know I can use vanilla pudding with the extract because the coconut flavor Jello pudding is hard to find in So Cal. Thanks so much for posting!"
"I made this for my mom last weekend. After she took a bite, she said, :You don't have to tell anyone about this one being in my freezer. They can eat the other desserts you are making!" LOLToni AndersonGommy of 5"
"This was really easy to make & it tastes absolutly wonderful! I love the salty sweet combo & the tosted coconut on top! Will definatly make it again :)"