Coconut Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Coconut Cream Dessert
Sort By :
This is like a cross between coconut ice cream and coconut pie! My husband requested pie for Father's Day, but we were so busy that weekend I would have had to make the pie several days in advance which would not have tasted very good. This tasted like frozen coconut pie and could make it in advance! Everyone loved it!
I have been searching for this recipe for ages. My old neighbor used to make this and I lost the recipe. The only difference was she used Jello Coconut flavor instant pudding instead of the vanilla and the coconut extract. Good to know I can use vanilla pudding with the extract because the coconut flavor Jello pudding is hard to find in So Cal. Thanks so much for posting!
I made this for my mom last weekend. After she took a bite, she said, :You don't have to tell anyone about this one being in my freezer. They can eat the other desserts you are making!" LOL
Gommy of 5
This dessert is sooooo good....Especially good in the hot summer. Everyone loved it even better than coconut cream pie. I use this crust recipe in similar desserts because it has such a good flavor. You should try this recipe....everyone asks me to make it repeatedly !!!
This was really easy to make & it tastes absolutly wonderful! I love the salty sweet combo & the tosted coconut on top! Will definatly make it again :)