Coconut Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, milk, extract, pudding mixes and 2/3 cup coconut until blended. Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Dessert(5)
Sort By :
I have been searching for this recipe for ages. My old neighbor used to make this and I lost the recipe. The only difference was she used Jello Coconut flavor instant pudding instead of the vanilla and the coconut extract. Good to know I can use vanilla pudding with the extract because the coconut flavor Jello pudding is hard to find in So Cal. Thanks so much for posting!
I made this for my mom last weekend. After she took a bite, she said, :You don't have to tell anyone about this one being in my freezer. They can eat the other desserts you are making!" LOL
Gommy of 5
This dessert is sooooo good....Especially good in the hot summer. Everyone loved it even better than coconut cream pie. I use this crust recipe in similar desserts because it has such a good flavor. You should try this recipe....everyone asks me to make it repeatedly !!!
This was really easy to make & it tastes absolutly wonderful! I love the salty sweet combo & the tosted coconut on top! Will definatly make it again :)
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipes >
- Coconut Creme Pie >
- Coconut Pie >
- Coconut Pie Crust >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >