Coconut Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg whites, water and 1/3 cup coconut on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine milk and extract. Using a large meat fork, punch holes in cake. Gently spread half of milk mixture over cake. let stand for 3 minutes. Spread remaining milk mixture over cake. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 4. Toast the remaining coconut. Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Cake
"This is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Hard to believe it is low fat! A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Made this for a family BBQ. Everyone raved about how moist it was. My mom didn't even guess that the frosting was cool whip and she is a cake decorator. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Sounds very good. I am going to make this for a work potluck next week."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.