- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cake mix, egg whites, water and 1/3 cup coconut on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and extract. Using a large meat fork, punch holes in cake. Gently spread half of milk mixture over cake; let stand for 3 minutes. Spread remaining milk mixture over cake; cool for 30 minutes.
- Toast remaining coconut. Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Cake
"This is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Hard to believe it is low fat! A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Made this for a family bbq. Everyone raved about how moist it was. My mom didn't even guess that the frosting was cool whip and she is a cake decorator. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Sounds very good. I am going to make this for a work potluck next week."