Have the urge to splurge? Try Deborah Protzman's moist and mouthwatering cake. "No one who's ever eaten a piece can believe it's lower in fat"—Deborah Protzman, Bloomington, Illinois.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, egg whites, water and 1/3 cup coconut on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine milk and extract. Using a large meat fork, punch holes in cake. Gently spread half of milk mixture over cake. let stand for 3 minutes. Spread remaining milk mixture over cake. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Toast the remaining coconut. Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Cream Cake in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review