- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Spread
- meringue over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Sprinkle with
- Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 342 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.