Coconut Cranberry Yummies Recipe
When my husband came home from the grocery store with six bags of fresh cranberries, I launched a full scale effort to creatively use them all. Bursting with tart cranberry and sweet coconut flavor, these tasty bites are my favorite result from that experiment.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 to 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; gently shape into mounds.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC