Coconut Cranberry Oat Bars Recipe
These festive, chock-full bars are sweet, tart and salty — a truly tongue-tingling combo. It’s a good thing the recipe makes a lot!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water and lemon peel. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Combine the flour, oats, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread cranberry mixture over crust. Combine the coconut, pecans and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over filling. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 168 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Cranberry Oat Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC