Coconut Cranberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Cranberry Muffins(1)
Sort By :
These muffins were okay. A bit floury and a little dry, even without overstirring. I've made dozens of different recipes for muffins and this batter was very thick and not normal muffin consistency. The combination of cranberry and lemon is good, but overpowers the coconut. Might benefit from adding more liquid, cooking a bit longer on a lower temp and toasted coconut on top.