To me, a perfect day includes time in the kitchen baking a batch of goodies...and my husband would agree! I keep some of these muffins in the freezer for a fast anytime snack.—Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and peel.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Cranberry Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p40
Reviews for Coconut Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review