Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add sugar; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and spices; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut; sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp
"I only used 4 apples, and 1 cup of cranberries. I did try to halve them at first (those little suckers were rolling everywhere), then I just put them in whole. It still turned out really good. This was kinda tart. I'm assuming it's because of the Granny Smith apples. Wasn't sure of using coconut, but it was tasty. It's a keeper."