Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
Geri Williamson, Fallbrook, California, picks apples right off her trees for this tasty fruit crisp. "It's one of my favorite recipes," she says.
- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add sugar; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and spices; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut; sprinkle over fruit.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC