Geri Williamson, Fallbrook, California, picks apples right off her trees for this tasty fruit crisp. "It's one of my favorite recipes," she says.
- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add sugar; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and spices; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp in Country Woman March/April 2007, p6
Reviews for Coconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review