Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal and coconut.
- 2. Roll into 24 balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 212 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Cookies
"These were really good.. I wonder how choc. chips or raisins would be in them?!"