Coconut Cookies Recipe
"Guaranteed to make you think of warm spring breezes, these crispy coconut cookies couldn't be easier to whip up." notes Aley Thorne from Los Molinos, California. "We've enjoyed them for years and now, our grandchildren ask for them in their college care packages," she says.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal and coconut.
- Roll into 24 balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2004, p37
Reviews for Coconut Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
These were really good.. I wonder how choc. chips or raisins would be in them?!