Coconut Citrus Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until crumbly. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, coconut, juices, flour and peels until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Citrus Bars
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.