Sweet oranges are the key to these amazing bars with loads of orange flavor in every bite. The unique crust and vibrant orange zing make them unlike regular lemon bars. —Heather Rotunda, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until crumbly. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, coconut, juices, flour and peels until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Citrus Bars in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Citrus Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review