- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until crumbly. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, coconut, juices, flour and peels until frothy. Pour over the hot crust. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Citrus Bars
Sort By :
If this was called a lemon-coconut bar I could have given it 5 stars. I got no taste of the orange or lime. Also, if I make it again, I'll make 1 1/2 times the filling recipe.
Really liked the buttery flavor of the crust blending with the sparkle of flavor from the 3 citrus! I used Sunny D Tangy Original-not sure if it makes a difference, but these are NOT your average lemon bar type bars! I also did not sprinkle powdered sugar on them because I made these for Ladie's Bible Study and the women tend to shy away from anything messy like powdered sugar. I prefer them WITH the powdered sugar!
@velazco6 I also have a child who can't eat coconut due to allergies but loves citrus. I'm simply going to omit the coconut and watch the bake time.
Sounds like a yummy treat. Any suggestions on what to substitute for the 1 cup of coconut? I have a child who loves citrus but can not eat coconut.
I am just a average housewife who like to cook and try new recipes. I guess I should have read this one through before starting what is "frothy"? I search this site and others for a definition for clear directions. A fellow review helped some, but I thought these were not worth the time and trouble. They tasted fair. Also if you make these use a EXTRA Large bowl or get splattered. Mine was just large.