Coconut Chocolate Trifle Recipe
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1. Trim crust from top, sides and bottom of cake. Cut cake into 16 slices. Spread preserves over eight slices; top with remaining cake. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- 2. Place in a 2-qt. serving bowl; drizzle with 1/3 cup orange juice. Chop chocolate; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate and 1 cup coconut over cake.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, dry pudding mix and remaining orange juice; beat on low for 2 minutes. Spoon over cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut and reserved chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-14 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Trifle
"This is a very easy trifle and we all loved the flavor combination of orange and chocolate. Coconut is a family favorite and it adds great texture here alongside the smooth pudding and soft cake."