Coconut Chocolate Trifle
"This luscious dessert will wow everyone who sees it, let alone tries it," promises Donna Cline of Pensacola, Florida. Apricot preserves add a fruity touch to the pleasing pairing of chocolate and toasted coconut in this easy-to-assemble trifle.
10-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Trim crust from top, sides and bottom of cake. Cut cake into 16
- slices. Spread preserves over eight slices; top with remaining cake.
- Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Place in a 2-qt. serving bowl; drizzle with 1/3 cup orange juice.
- Chop chocolate; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle
- remaining chocolate and 1 cup coconut over cake.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, dry pudding mix and
- remaining orange juice; beat on low for 2 minutes. Spoon over cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut and reserved chocolate. Refrigerate
- for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.