Field editor Cheryl Maczko of Reedville, West Virginia says, “Everyone loves my fudgy Almond Joy pie. It’s pretty, cuts easily and is absolutely delicious.”
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 16 fun-size Almond Joy candy bars, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened (mixture will thicken quickly). Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped candy bars and vanilla; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into pie shell. Press plastic wrap onto filling. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Chocolate Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p12
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review