- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 16 fun-size Almond Joy candy bars, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened (mixture will thicken quickly). Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped candy bars and vanilla; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into pie shell. Press plastic wrap onto filling. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and serve with whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Pie
Sort By :
This was an easy pie to make and has a great chocolate flavor. I love coconut but I think other chocolate candy bars could be used as well. Definetely will make this again!
For fun I substituted the milk with coconut milk. It cooked up beautifully and for coconut fans, it was extra fantastic! (It was a rich,full bodied coconut milk purchased at Sunflower Markets.)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Coconut Pie >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >