Coconut Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in 2/3 cup chocolate chips; set aside. In another bowl, combine the coconut, pecans and remaining chips; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil and vinegar; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into the center of each; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.
1 each: 301 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Muffins
"Looks sooooo yummy.chocolate and coconut my fav combination ??"
"can this be made in mini muffin pans?"