Coconut Chocolate Delights
I enjoy cooking and experimenting with recipes. My husband and friends really enjoy this coconut candy, which resembles a popular candy bar.
41 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cookie
- crumbs. Add the coconut, almonds and vanilla; mix well. Shape into
- 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening.
- Microwave on high until melted, stirring every 15 seconds; stir
- until smooth. Dip balls into melted chocolate; shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in
- the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 each equals 224 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.