I enjoy cooking and experimenting with recipes. My husband and friends really enjoy this coconut candy, which resembles a popular candy bar.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cookie crumbs. Add the coconut, almonds and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high until melted, stirring every 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Dip balls into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Chocolate Delights in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p66
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Delights
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2012
"Delicious, and fun for my granddaughter to make with me. We melted some white chocolate chips in a small ziploc bag, clipped the corner, and drizzled over the balls, really fancy presentation!"