My mom gave me the recipe for these tempting truffle-like candies. They make any occasion special for my family. I love to impress dinner guests by setting out a pretty plate of these treats at the end of the meal.
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Place coconut in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, 1-1/4 cups coconut, pecans and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Set remaining coconut aside.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in reserved coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Chocolate Creams in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Creams
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review