Coconut Chocolate Creams Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. Place coconut in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, 1-1/4 cups coconut, pecans and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Set remaining coconut aside.
- 2. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in reserved coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 205 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Creams
"Although they tasted pretty good, the candy was so sticky and moist, even after hours of refrigeration. I tried rolling them in coconut but they were so soft they just squished. I tried dipping them in chocolate so the filling could be contained, they did ok that way, but honestly, the candy is so hard to work with that I wouldn't make them again. They didn't taste bad though."