Coconut Chocolate Creams
My mom gave me the recipe for these tempting truffle-like candies. They make any occasion special for my family. I love to impress dinner guests by setting out a pretty plate of these treats at the end of the meal.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Place coconut in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until
- smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, 1-1/4 cups coconut, pecans
- and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Set
- remaining coconut aside.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in reserved coconut.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 205 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.