- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Place coconut in a blender; cover and process until finely chopped. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, 1-1/4 cups coconut, pecans and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Set remaining coconut aside.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in reserved coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Chocolate Creams
"Although they tasted pretty good, the candy was so sticky and moist, even after hours of refrigeration. I tried rolling them in coconut but they were so soft they just squished. I tried dipping them in chocolate so the filling could be contained, they did ok that way, but honestly, the candy is so hard to work with that I wouldn't make them again. They didn't taste bad though."