Coconut Chocolate-Covered Cherries Recipe
A friend gave me this recipe because she knew how much I like chocolate-covered cherries. Coconut and nuts make this version absolutely divine.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained and patted dry
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla until well blended and mixture looks like softened butter. Fold in the coconut and walnuts.
- 2. With moist hands, shape 2 teaspoonfuls of coconut mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coated cherries into chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate-Covered Cherries
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC