Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here is a delicious twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies. They're great for coconut lovers, textured by the coconut and flavored by the extract...a compatible combination that results in a crispy, chewy cookie. My whole family agrees this recipe is a winner.
-Laura Bankard, Manchester, Maryland
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut
- extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed
- mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 431 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.