Here is a delicious twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies. They're great for coconut lovers, textured by the coconut and flavored by the extract...a compatible combination that results in a crispy, chewy cookie. My whole family agrees this recipe is a winner. -Laura Bankard, Manchester, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies in Reminisce September/October 2000, p50
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review