Coconut Chip Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and chips are melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chocolate chips. Top with coconut and toffee bits. Gently press down into chocolate layer. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Chip Nut Bars
Sort By :
"A hit at the family get together! I found chocolate condensed milk for more intense chocolate flavour. I also used chopped Skor (Heath) bars in place of the toffee bits as I happened to have some on hand."
"I've made these bars several times over the years now - they are simply TO-DIE-FOR-DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody just LOVES these rich, decadent bars!!!"
"This has become a staple in our house! When I bring it somewhere, I'm guaranteed someone will ask for the recipe!!"