There's something for everyone in these delectable bars, from coconut and chocolate chips to walnuts and toffee. They're popular with kids and adults alike, so make a big batch. You'll be amazed at how fast they vanish! —Judith Strohmeyer, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and chips are melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chocolate chips. Top with coconut and toffee bits. Gently press down into chocolate layer. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Chip Nut Bars in Country Woman July/August 2002, p33
Reviews for Coconut Chip Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review