- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Stir in the coconut, chips and nuts. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Chip Cookies
"I've been making these cookies for years. They are my go to easy cookie recipe. My friends and family rave about them. Even people that don't like coconut, like these cookies. I like to use salted macadamia nuts or almonds to cut down the sweetness a tiny bit."
"Great, tasty quick recipe! Don't change a thing!"
"So far this is one of my favorite cookies to make so far. Recently I have made at least over 12 dozen cookies so far. I even got compliments from co-workers. I will try to increase the cup of nuts from 1/4 to 1/3 because one person didn't even taste any of the macadamia. Will in the future try chopped almonds. Thanks TOH for this wonderful recipe!!!"
"Thank you Flora for such a GREAT recipe. Everyone that tries these, loves them. Whenever we are invited to someones house, they ask my son to bring them. Thanks again."