Flora Alers of Clinton, Maryland transforms a boxed white cake mix into a big batch of tasty cookies that are filled with coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. "This recipe requires just six ingredients, so you can mix up the batter in a jiffy," she shares.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Stir in the coconut, chips and nuts. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Chip Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p14
Reviews for Coconut Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review