Coconut Chip Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 283 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chip Coffee Cake
"The filling sunk into this cake, leaving it gummy on the bottom. Flavor was just ok."
"This recipe was good, but it was not our favorite. It was a little dry and it didn't really seem like a coffee cake."