I combined coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts to make the yummy filling in this coffee cake. My husband and two of my sons don't like coconut, but they still enjoy this recipe. -Char Fricke, St Charles, Illinois
Recommended: Our Best Coffee Cake Recipes Ever
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle half over the batter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Chip Coffee Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p27
Reviews for Coconut Chip Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review