Coconut-Chip Coffee Cake
I love the combination of chocolate, coconut and walnuts in this coffee cake. I serve it warm alongside a cup of coffee or hot cocoa. Using a biscuit mix really saves time when stirring up the batter.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk the
- egg, milk and 2 tablespoons butter; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour
- chocolate over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl
- the chocolate.
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and remaining sugar and butter;
- sprinkle over the top. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 274 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.