Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup crushed shredded wheat cereal
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and coconut. Remove skin from chicken if desired. Dip chicken pieces in eggs, then coat with coconut mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add vinegar and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add green pepper and onion; cook until onion is softened. Stir in pineapple and pimientos; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
14 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Vinaigrette
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.