Coconut Chicken Bites Recipe
These tender nuggets are great for nibbling, thanks to the coconut, cumin, celery salt and garlic powder that season them. I've served the bites several time for parties, and everyone enjoyed them.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Place coconut in a blender, cover and process coconut until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour; dip in egg mixture, then in coconut. Arrange in a single layer on a baking pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at time, for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic powder and cumin; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 166 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chicken Bites
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC