- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place coconut in a blender, cover and process coconut until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour; dip in egg mixture, then in coconut. Arrange in a single layer on a baking pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at time, for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic powder and cumin; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Coconut Chicken Bites
Sort By :
"These are so easy to make and are very delicious even the second night for leftovers. The breading is lite ad crispy delicious combination for the chicken."
"It was very good, but hard to get the chicken cooked perfectly. The coconut tends to burn before the chicken is completely cooked through so make sure to keep the chicken chunks fairly small! Very tasty with honey mustard and Polynesian sauce!"