Guests won't be able to stop at just one of these tender almond shortbread cookies studded with cherries, coconut and pistachio nuts. —Carole Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pistachios
- 1-1/3 cups chopped dried cherries
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup oil, eggs and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, pistachios and cherries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and remaining oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Cherry Sandies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p36
Reviews for Coconut Cherry Sandies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review