- Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in coconut and extract. Pour over crust. Refrigerate
- until set. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener and Land O'Lakes stick light butter. Look for Splenda in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.