Coconut Cashew Crunch
The crunch is always a hit for Christmas snacking. It’s one of my husband’s favorites—and he says he doesn’t like coconut! It’s incredible on ice cream. —Dana Nemecek, Skiatook, Oklahoma
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup;
- bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir
- for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking
- soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake
- at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every
- 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or
- use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 3 quarts.