Coconut Cashew Crunch Recipe
The crunch is always a hit for Christmas snacking. It’s one of my husband’s favorites—and he says he doesn’t like coconut! It’s incredible on ice cream. —Dana Nemecek, Skiatook, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 quarts.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC