Coconut Cashew Crunch Recipe
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 quarts.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Coconut Cashew Crunch
"I have made this fabulous Rice Krispie bar imitation many times for snacking and/or topping for ice cream. Everytime I get requests for the recipe. gail boczyk, field editor"
"Great for gifting at Christmas! Very easy to make and delicious!"