The crunch is always a hit for Christmas snacking. It’s one of my husband’s favorites—and he says he doesn’t like coconut! It’s incredible on ice cream. —Dana Nemecek, Skiatook, Oklahoma
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, coconut and cashews.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve as is or use as a toppping for ice cream, fruit or yogurt. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Coconut Cashew Crunch in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p71
Reviews for Coconut Cashew Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2015
"I have made this fabulous Rice Krispie bar imitation many times for snacking and/or topping for ice cream. Everytime I get requests for the recipe. gail boczyk, field editor"
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2012
"Great for gifting at Christmas! Very easy to make and delicious!"