- 2 tablespons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups cashew halves
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon water, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Butter two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans with 1 tablespoon butter each; set aside.
- Combine cashews and coconut on a third 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Meanwhile, combine the vanilla, baking soda and remaining water. Remove saucepan from the heat; add cashews and coconut. Add baking soda mixture; stir until light and foamy. Quickly pour onto prepared baking sheets. Spread with a buttered metal spatula to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Reviews for Coconut Cashew Brittle
Sort By :
"The taste was wonderful, but it stayed chewy--never hardened. Clung to your teeth unmercifully when trying to eat it. Won't make again."
"I made this as a Christmas gift for my Dad, and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!"
"I don't even want to give this recipe any stars, but that wasn't an option. I had a horrible time with this recipe - it never hardens, just stays soft and chewy. Tried it twice thinking it was a problem with the temperature, but got the same result both times. Next time I'm just going to mix coconut and cashews with a regular brittle recipe. Stay away!"
"My family loves peanut brittle, and this one is made with cashews. It's delicious and one we will be making many more times."