Coconut Carrot Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Carrot Casserole
"this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping."