I can about 30 pounds of carrots every fall, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare them. This recipe is one that my family really likes.
Recommended: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Carrot Casserole in Country Extra November 2003, p51
Reviews for Coconut Carrot Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2010
"this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping."