- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Carrot Casserole in Country Extra November 2003, p51
Reviews for Coconut Carrot Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2010
"this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping."